Where can you get "FREE" Beautiful & Public Domain Photo's?
You know, Brandon Gaille shares the best stuff! I post a lot from his writings and infographics - and I asked his permission to do so! There isn't any reason to reinvent the wheel when there is good quality info out there to share. But you need to give credit where credit is due! That shows you have proper internet etiquette and it shows that your sharing of info is a great way to promote that author!
With that said, check out this infographic - I am always amazed at how much money many sites want for a photo - one that is 72 dpi and pretty generic - meaning that the photo isn't really worth $10 - but don't get me wrong, I do pay for my photo's and am always looking for a reasonable site to use.
As a website owner I am always provided with the opportunity to find photos on public domain photo websites. These websites essentially provide users with the ability to find photos that they can use on their sites without having to worry about copyright issues.
The Importance of Good Photos
Understanding why you should take the time to find fresh and effective photographs for your website will help to ensure that your business gathers the most amount of visitors on a daily basis.
Have you been to a site that the pictures are of poor quality? They are blurry, not crisp or clear? Good photos are the most effective way to reach out to your customers and entice them to come to your website. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you want to browse through a site that has photos of a horrible quality, or would you prefer to visit a site that looks professional with outstanding imagery? Good visuals are incredibly important to make sure that you impact your customers in the best way possible.
Let's Start here:
- SplitShire -If you’re looking for sharp and crisp background images that will provide a lasting impression on people who visit your website, you may want to consider using SplitShire. This website provides natural and vibrant images that are perfect for people interested in technology and general objects.
- Gratisography -Having a header that is not only appealing to the eye but that also fits in with the entire aesthetic appeal of your website is incredibly important and with the help of Gratisography, you will be able to choose a header for your social media website or your blog that will be playful and enchanting.
- Snapographic -For website owners that are looking for a more raw and natural look for their website, Snapographic is filled with some of the most striking and consistent photos relating to architecture, natural elements, and innovative textures.
- New Old Stock -Perhaps you don’t own a website and you are simply looking for inspirational and timeless photos for your presentation. New Old Stock has the perfect images that will help to make your presentation far more memorable.
- Un Splash - Style - thoughtful, serene, rich - UnSplash is great for headers, presentations and landing pages
- Life of Pix - Style - textured, balanced and eye catching - and the best categories for Life of Pix are city, sea and texture.
- Pic Jumbo - Style - vast, clear and compelling - Pic Jumbo's best categories - fashion, architecture, technology and things - this is a great site for Commercial photo's for those of you that need that category
Needless to say there are many "Free" Photo sites for us to choose from. But read the fine print - if you are doing a search - and the site says "Free" make sure that it is truly "Free" - you do not want to infringe on any copyright issues! Having high quality "Photo's" for your website just speaks to your professionalism!