It’s Not About The Numbers, It’s All About Engagement & Relationships!
Word of mouth is so powerful!
I am going to provide a link to a presentation that is well worth watching. It really explains in “Plain English” what Social Media is, and the power of it!
Some pointers taken from the presentation:
- Align your efforts with your current business strategy
- Ensure your entire company is on “Linked In” – Did you know that 80% of employers use Linked in for prospective new hires?
- This is the “Age of Free” What can you give away? Tips, specials, discounts, etc.
- Don’t try to be everywhere! It is IMPOSSIBLE!
- Stop Viewing as a tool or channel – It’s a RELATIONSHIP!
I would also like to add some additional words of wisdom:
- Set up a designated time frame to engage in your social networking – it doesn’t have to be daily, but it needs to be consistent
- Add content that will help others – pay it forward
- Don’t look at this as acquiring numbers – who cares? 10 quality referrals does more then 100 followers
- If your business is in Network Marketing, show the power of your business, stop the hype about earning thousands of dollars a month – we all know that isn’t true – people want quality and there are many reputable network marketing companies out there, don’t give them a bad rep
- Be proactive – take time to learn what you need to learn about social marketing, know that getting in front of people on the internet opens up your business nationally
- You have an image – make sure that image is a reputable one, integrity, honesty, goes the extra mile etc.
- Stop thinking about what you get in return! You will glean the cream of the crop when you stop thinking in terms of what is in it for me – think of what I can help you with!