Working Remotely? How Secure Are You?
Working remotely is becoming the norm. I heard from Lucas Stewart, from Cable Compare who reached out to share a great link and information on this very topic. Cable Compare covers several topics, such as the internet, streaming, TV, and much more. This article is about your internet security
Did you know?
- $1.5 Billion dollars are lost each year because of phishing
- A Cyberattack occurs every 39 seconds
- 94% of all malware arrives by email
- Cybercrime costs the economy around $500 Billion a year
- The average cost a company incurs because of a cyber attack is 1.6 Million
- 60 % of small businesses close if they suffer from a cyberattack
- Human error is behind 90% of all data breaches
Educate Yourself ~ A Top Priority
This is not only scary, it is downright horrific. Understanding the threats that we all may experience and what to do about them is key. This article outlines what you can do about them. “The Top Threats Facing Your Home Office”.
Food for thought. Knowing what the top threats facing your home office are is key! Data Theft, Identity Theft, Viruses, Malware, Ransomware, and Cyberbullying are just the tip of the iceberg.
Last but not least, the article explains what you need to do to stay safe. Nothing is 100%, but minimizing these threats will give you peace of mind. It takes discipline but I am more relaxed, can think clearly, work at my speed, and best of all, if something comes up that I have to take care of, I can, then I sit back down and finish what I was working on.
For the moms working remotely, Check out “Working From Home ~ A Nightmare Adjustment.” An article I wrote with great tips. Working Remotely allows you to schedule out your day, gives you peace of mind, and a sense of freedom.