I have found this great resource - Diane Rayfield - Social Media Marketing Specialist - she shares key information to help us with our internet marketing - She asks - Do you know What is Being Said About You? Your Business? You may ask: "What does that mean?" well, in today's market place - people are conversing more and more online.
Did you know? There are approximately 130 million facebook accounts in the United States? Did you Know that there are approximately 352 million in the world??? This is why YOU need to know what is going on, what is being said.
- Do you know what people are saying about you?
- Do you know how to find out?
- Are you tracking what people are saying and taking the constructive criticism and working it to your advantage?
- Are you listening to what people are saying?
Have you discovered Google Alert? These are Email Updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic. So, you can set this up to alert you by email every time someone mentions you or searches for you etc. It has it's limitations - but "It Is Free" and It gives you a good idea of what is being said about you.
To stay on top of what is happening and the news:
- Designate a time each day or evening to sit and look at email, at your facebook responses, check your alerts, post something to your website or blog
- Follow those people that offer the type of information that you need to learn more of
- Become an expert on something you are involved in and write about that
- Sign up for webinar's or attend a class in your area that pertains to something you want to learn more about
- Sit back, reflect on your day and write out your to do list for the next day