Mobile Marketing Misconceptions:
You know, I get it . . . but then I am in technology - that is my entire background - but there are so many that do not get how a "Mobile App" for their business would benefit them. Mobile Apps are now affordable for us Small Business Entrepreneurs!
As "Your" Mobile Independent Business Consultant," I feel it is very important to give you the facts! With valid links to quality surveys that have been done! I am not trying to convince you - I want to educate you on where Mobile is going and how you can be at the forefront of the Mobile Marketing Boom.
Do you have doubts about:
- Concerns about whether or not you should be thinking about mobile right now?
When considering what role (if any) mobile should have in marketing your business, you want to make sure you're making decisions based on the right information. This information is taken from a Heyo Hub blog post.
Mobile Marketing Misconception #1:
- "My Customers aren't using Mobile! This is one of the most common questions out there! In a recent Constant Contact Survey, 56% of respondents said they weren't using mobile technology cited a lack of customer demand as the reason why they hadn’t put a mobile strategy in place. Sooner or later, your customer's will be doing things mobile! It wouldn't matter if you ran a family-owned farm that just celebrated its 75th anniversary or a restaurant that just opened its doors, mobile already influences the lives of your customers and will have a greater influence in the years to come. Now is the time to get ready!!! In a nutshell . . . .
- Smartphone usage in the U.S. increased by 50% in 2012 (Kleiner Perkins)
- The number of emails being opened on mobile increased by 330% - (Litmus)
- Tablet usage "Doubled" in the U.S. in 2012! (Pew Research Center)
Mobile isn't important in my industry #2:
- Even if you accept that your customers are using mobile, you may still have doubts about whether “being mobile” matters for your particular industry. It’s a fair argument, especially if you’re working in an industry that’s not typically known for being technologically advanced.
- But here’s the thing: regardless of whether or not you and your peers are ahead of the mobile curve, your next great customer probably is.
- Think of one of the most popular tools consumers are using to find new businesses — online search. Did you know that searches on mobile devices are expected to surpass desktop searches by the end of 2013? It’s true. Did you also know that 73 percent of mobile searches trigger additional action and conversion while 55 percent of purchase-related conversions occur within one hour of an initial mobile search?
- This means that regardless of what you do, more and more customers’ first contact with your business is going to be on a smartphone or tablet in the coming days, weeks, months, and years. You can hold on to the belief that your industry doesn’t need to change or you can put yourself ahead of your industry peers and offer an experience new and current customers will thank you for.
I don't have the Marketing Budget for Mobile!
- Let's take a look at "What YOU are already doing!"
- Are you on Facebook? 50 % of Facebook Page views now come from a mobile device (Facebook).
- Are you using email marketing? 43 % of emails are now being opened on a mobile device (Litmus).
- Are you thinking about online listings and review sites? 45 % of all Yelp searches happen on a mobile device (Yelp).
This proves that mobile is already influencing the way people interact with and find your business online . . . Bet you didn't think of this that way huh? With Business Growth Experts, they cater to us Small Business Entrepreneurs - so what the big companies have? You can now be competitive and have your very own Mobile App at a rate that us Small Business Entrepreneurs can afford. Call or email me for information! (916-496-2449) (email@example.com)
Last but not least - I'm not good with Technology!
Without the right context, mobile can be a pretty intimidating word. But mobile is more about your audiences’ behavior than it is about the actual technology behind it. When we’re talking about a mobile-friendly email, what we’re really talking about is an email that looks good and is easy for your reader to consume when they aren’t seated in front of a laptop or desktop computer.
You might not know how to build a mobile app (I certainly don’t,) but you can understand a few basic principles to help guide your design decisions.
- Mobile-friendly emails use a single column template. Why? Because people don’t want to double click or pinch to zoom while reading your email on a smartphone or tablet.
- Mobile-friendly emails use a single call-to-action. Why? Because people are more likely to be scanning your emails quickly on a mobile device and you don’t want them to miss the point of your email.
- Mobile-friendly emails should be clear and concise in content and design. Why? Because people are far less likely to read every word of your email while they’re checking their inbox waiting in line, sitting in a meeting, or lying on the couch at the end of the day.
Once you accept that your audience is becoming more mobile, you’ll be on your way to adapting your strategy to meet their expectations. Let me help you with your Mobile App Strategy!