A Bit About Judy!
I am Judy Musgrove, A Small Business Entrepreneur. I have been working for myself for 12+ years now and I simply love what I do. I am a:
- WordPress Web Designer
- Social Media Syncing & Linking
- All around love Technology guru
- Publisher of Elegance Digital Magazine
- Quickbooks Accounting
This is what I want to convey! Be Different! Be Unique! Know your Target Audience! (Hint “It isn’t everyone!”) Do not be afraid to embrace your uniqueness! As Small Business Entrepreneurs, we can get caught up in the day to day activities as well as being bombarded with email best deals.
I do not want to be sold to! I want to utilize your product or service because I have a need and I see value in what you represent. The cost doesn’t matter (mostly) as I am looking for quality not quantity.
Now don’t get me wrong, there are many great tools and apps out there that will make our entrepreneurial lives much much better! Here is what I recommend:
- Find the guru that represents your passion, your quality for customer service, your idea that “we pull out all the stops to make sure our customer’s shopping experience is a good one!” Judy’s Examples, Kim Komando, Social Media Examiner and Nuzzle (just to name a couple for you)
- Look for different area’s of expertise – do a review of the company and or the person and sign up for their newsletters..
- This way you will be receiving Quality information in your inbox all others can be labeled spam and deleted.
- Find your Uniqueness! Know how you choose to conduct business and follow your heart. It will definitely be rewarded!
A bit about me – I have been in computers since I was 19 years old! Yep! That is one heck of a long time! I started out as a keypunch operator – (way back when) which in turn led me to find out more about that computer, that program and how the heck can I fine tune something so I can key that much faster! For those of you that know me, I can see you chuckling!
I have contracted out to Microsoft doing phone support, I have worked for HP as a software test engineer (of which I loved), I have taught computer classes to kindergarteners thru senior citizens! So this techie boomer spends a lot of time reviewing different apps, different programs, different tools – you name it!
What am I passionate about?
- Helping you identify your target market – this is so very very important! Please don’t tell me “Everyone!”
I want you to think of it this way – how you talk to the 50+ and or the 20 – 30 age range are two different types of conversation.
- Facebook is not the end all of the social network sites. Yes, Facebook is important and you need to have a presence there – and some have been very successful building their businesses thru Facebook, but you need to find the social networks that your target audience inhabits! Then you need to be on them!
- Figuring out your “Uniqueness!” How are you different then your competitor? What value do you bring to the table? What do you want to be best known for?
- Deliver quality content – share information that backs your philosophy – be courteous and be present! Make new internet friends!
- Profiles across all of the social networks need to be optimized and consistent. The main items need to be repeated – and your picture or brand? That needs to be consistent all across the board! Example – my picture of myself and Sophia (my Sharpei pup) is on every single network that I have! And people know that I am an animal person – because of Sophia! That is a connection!
- Linking and syncing your networks – “Example: Instagram – it will share with Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr” So post to Instagram from your smart phone – it will boost your shares on the three other networks!
- Blogging – many of you love to blog – type – talk! 🙂 If you are using WordPress install “Nextscripts” a great 3rd party app that connects your blog posts to at least 25 different social networks! Great way to put information in one place and update all of your applicable social networks.
- Clean up your Internet Reputation! Use a great site “BrandYourself.com” to clean up the many sites that may have your name in them but are NOT you!
There is so much more! But this will get you started and on the right path! Give me a call – (916) 496-2449 – have your questions ready – and let’s talk!Judy Musgrove, Cover To Cover “Helping You Tell Your Story To The People Who Need To Hear It!”
Email Judy: firstname.lastname@example.org